For the last few months there has been a lot of talk regarding what Kawasaki were planning on releasing this year. The time has come and they have unveiled a 300 horsepower Ultra 300x and Ultra 300lx (luxry).
The Ultra 300x still runs the same 1498cc engine as the predecessor (Ultra 250 and Ultra 260) but they have changed to an all-new Eaton Twin Vortices Series (TVS) Roots design supercharger. Boost is also up from 11psi to 17psi, which reportedly makes it 30 percent more efficient. A liquid-cooled intercooler has also been added to helps keep the compressed intake charge cooler.
Key features for the 2011 Ultra 300x
• Class-shattering 300 horsepower for amazing performance.
• Strong, light, deep-V hull offers both stability and great cornering performance.
• Massive, industry-leading storage capacity lets you bring your gear with you.
• Largest fuel tank in class keeps the fun going longer.
• Five-position adjustable handlebars accommodates a variety of riders.
• Separate keys for full power operation and Smart Learning Operation.
• Available in the red and green color options shown.
Engine – Supercharged and intercooled, four-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
Displacement – 1,498 cc
Bore x Stroke83 x 69.2 mm
Compression Ratio – 8.4:1
Induction – Eaton Twin Vortices Roots-type supercharger with air-to-water intercooler
Maximum boost – 17.0 psi
Maximum horsepower – 300hp* .. *HP measured in PS at the crankshaft under controlled conditions. Actual performance may vary.
Cooling system – Inducted water
Fuel System – Digital Fuel Injection
Ignition – TCBI with Digital Advance
Starting System – Electric
Lubrication – Semi-Dry Sump system
Coupling – Direct drive from engine
Propulsion system – 160mm jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Impeller – Three-blade, oval-edge stainless steel
Overall Length – 132.7 in.
Overall Width – 47.0 in.
Overall Height – 45.3 in.
Curb Weight – 1040.8 lb.* .. * Includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90% of capacity) and tool kit (if supplied)
Storage Capacity – 60 gal.
Fuel Capacity – 20.6 gal.
Oil Capacity – 5.3 qt.
Color Choices – Metallic Titanium / Luminous Vintage Red
Warranty – 12 months